Freesports Arena Krippenstein in Dachstein, in the Upper Austrian Salzkammergut region has been chosen as a hot spot for the freerider scene by the magazine SnowPlanet – pushing great names such as Cortina, St. Moritz and the Arlberg into the minor positions! And as well as the runs and cliff drops, the Krippenstein is convincing with its exciting programme of outdoor events –far removed from the mainstream.
Thirty kilometres of off-piste variants and the snow-assuredness of the Dachstein glacier area whet your appetite for powder snow and wide boards. Whether it’s skiing or snowboarding, the many variants in the Freesports Arena Krippenstein and the expanse of the Dachstein Plateau fills every powder snow fan with enthusiasm! Schönberg, Imisl and Eisgrube offer rough jagged ridges, slopes which are rich in diversity and select forest routes, 1500 metres altitude for each ride demands fitness and concentration.
Safety First: important safety tips!
If you go off-piste, you will find yourself on open terrain so please take note of our safety tips to ensure you enjoy the freedom of the Krippenstein accident-free! Be aware of sinkholes off-piste!! See here for safety tipps
Days of Freedom are on the agenda in Freesports Arena Krippenstein in Dachstein – simply anything goes:
Skiing and snowboarding, on and off piste, freeride training and snow camps, snow-shoe hikes, ski tours, ice climbing, paragliding. Or better yet, watch the pros at one of the many spectacular events? Or, how about Extreme ‘Hut sitting’ ;))?!
And here are the facts:
- 30 kilometers off piste variants
- the longest descent in Austria, at 11 kilometres in length
- the snow-assuredness of the Dachstein Glacier area and modern snow-making facilities 1500 metres altitude difference
- ultramodern cable cars
- one hundred metres square high Alpine terrain to let off steam on
- Signposted and groomed snow shoe trails
- the ultimate in extreme sports events
- relaxed Alpine huts and lodges where you get to relax (or really party)
- free Wi-Fi hotspots